- NTAP assists qualifying low-income individuals in Nebraska with obtaining and keeping telephone service by lowering the cost of monthly service.
- NTAP reduces the cost of local phone service by an additional $3.50 per month for qualifying individuals on one landline/wireless phone bill or provides minutes to an eligible cellular phone service. NTAP is supplemental to the federal Lifeline program which can provide support of up to $9.25/month for qualifying individuals.
- Some telephone companies do not participate with this program.
- The discount will appear as a credit on your monthly telephone bill or minutes will be uploaded to an eligible account.
- No cash or checks will be distributed.
- The telephone bill must be in the name of, or contain the name of, the applicant.
Programs accepted for customer eligibility of NTAP/Lifeline participation:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplements Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension Benefit/Survivors Pension Benefit
If you do not participation in any qualifying programs, you may qualify by demonstrating that your income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty income guidelines. A table reflecting 135% of the federal poverty guidelines can be found at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/.
Provide proof of eligible program form - Click Here
NOTE: You are only allowed to get one Lifeline benefit per household. If you are unsure about the number of households at your address, review the Lifeline Household Worksheet.
Mail your completed application to: Lifeline Support Center, PO Box 9100, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773, along with proof of eligible program participation (for providing proof of eligible program see "providing proof of eligible program" form)
To participate in the Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) applicants must also submit a Citizenship Attestation form. Print and complete a Citizenship Attestation form - Click Here
Mail your completed Citizenship Attestation form to: NTAP, PO Box 94927, Lincoln, NE 68509
REQUEST AN APPLICATION PACKET
If you would like an application packet mailed to you, send an e-mail to email@example.com. Include the name and address you want the application to be sent to within the e-mail body.
For a list of phone companies that currently participate in the Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program/nationally known as the Lifeline Program - Click Here