What is NTAP/Nationally known as Lifeline Program?
- NTAP is nationally known as the Lifeline Program.
- NTAP assists qualifying low-income individuals with obtaining and keeping telephone service by lowering monthly service.
- NTAP reduces the cost of local phone service by up to $8.75 per month on one landline/wireless phone bill or provides minutes to an eligible cellular phone service.
- Some telephone companies do not participate with this program.
- The discount will appear as a credit on your monthly telephone bill or minutes will be uploaded to an eligible account.
- No cash or checks will be distributed.
- The telephone bill must be in the name of, or contain the name of, the applicant.
Who is eligible for NTAP/Nationally known as Lifeline Program?
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Children's Health Insurance Programs (Kids Connection, SAM, MAC & EMAC)
- Veterans Pension Benefit/Survivors Pension Benefit
- Income at or below 135% of poverty level
How do I apply or receive an application for NTAP - Nationally known as Lifeline Program?
To receive an application form: Contact a phone provider, go online and complete an online application at: NV.FCC.gov
To Print off an application form - Click Here
To print off a Citizenship Attestation form - Click Here
Providing proof of eligible program form - Click Here
Mail your completed application to: Lifeline Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742, along with proof of eligible program participation (for providing proof of eligible program see "providing proof of eligible program form)
Mail your completed Citizenship Attestation form to: NTAP, PO Box 94927, Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone Companies that currently participate in the Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program/nationally known as the Lifeline Program - Click Here