Nebraska Specialized Telecommunications Equipment Program
NSTEP Disaster Relief Information
The PSC is offering disaster relief to Nebraska Specialized Telecommunications Equipment Program (NSTEP) assistance recipients due to the flooding and severe weather conditions in Nebraska during the spring of 2019. Applications for relief due to these events will be accepted until September 30, 2019.
Persons residing in counties identified by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in event DR-4420 as qualifying for individual and/or public assistance are eligible to apply. Replacement of equipment damaged or destroyed in this event will be limited to non-mobile equipment. Applications received for damaged or destroyed mobile equipment will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Replacement of equipment damaged or destroyed in this event will be hard of hearing, have a hearing or speech disability, or have visual and hearing loss.
The application once filled out should be returned to the:
Nebraska Public Service Commission
c/o NSTEP Disaster Relief
1200 N. Street, Suite 300
Lincoln, NE 68508
Questions reference NSTEP Disaster Relief may be direct to the PSC at 402.471.3101
- Cover Letter
- Application Form (Includes United States Citizenship Form)
- United States Citizenship Form
- Application Completion Guidelines
- Program Policies and Procedures
- Participating Vendors
- Voucher Handling Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Form - Visually Imparied Version
- Supplemental Application Form - Tactile Ring/LVD/Telebrailler/Deaf-Blind Devices
Voucher Handling Instructions (Includes Instructions on Wireless Providers)
- Packet #1 - Voucher Handling Instructions - Non Wireless Device
- Packet #2 - Procedures for Selecting Wireless Devices
- Commission Advisory Memo - NSTEP Eligibility of Personal Computing Devices
- Policies & Procedures for Selecting Wireless Devices
- Viaero Nebraska Retail Store Locations for Redeeming Vouchers
- Sprint iPhone Order Form
- Sprint SmartPhones & Other Wireless Devices
- U.S. Cellular Welcome Letter and Store Locations
Do you know someone, a relative or friend having difficulty hearing when using the phone?
If so, they may be a candidate to receive a free CapTel phone through the State's Equipment Distribution Program.
The program is monitored by the PSC through the Nebraska Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS).
Click on the PSA below for more information.