Quick Links

Railroad Employee Transportation

Railroad employee transportation carriers are licensed to provide intrastate transportation services to employees of railroad carriers engaged in interstate commerce to and from their work locations.

         In order to operate as a Railroad Employee Transportation carrier in Nebraska, an interested party must apply for and be granted a License to Operate in Nebraska Intrastate Commerce.


Railcrew Xpress, LLC 1/1/2024 RRL-1
Renzenberger, Inc. 1/1/2024 RRL-2
Professional Transportation, Inc. 1/1/2024 RRL-3


How do I obtain a License?

In order to obtain a license to transport railroad employees, a qualified applicant shall pay a non-refundable license fee of $250 and file a completed application in which the principal place of business of the applicant in Nebraska is identified and the applicant agrees and affirms to perform the service in conformance with applicable Nebraska statutes, and Commission rules and regulations relating to driver qualifications, equipment, operating standards, and recordkeeping.

A license may be suspended or revoked by the Commission after notice and hearing for failure to comply with Neb. Rev. Stat. section 75-307 (insurance), any Commission rule or regulation, or any lawful order of the Commission.

How long is the license valid?

Licenses are valid for one year and must be renewed for a non-refundable $250 license fee and completing the required application.  Licenses that are not renewed prior to the license expiration date will be considered expired and the licensee would no longer be authorized to provide services.  An expired license may be reinstated for a non-refundable fee of $250 and completing the required application.

Back To Top